Sunday 24 January 2010

How to add a Retweet button to Blogger, and My top ten posts - so far....


As you can now see, there is a shiny retweet button at the bottom of my posts. This is courtersy of Tweetmeme

I did find the instructions on their site, here, a bit crap and instead followed the instructions over here at Blogger Resources

One thing I would add, is make sure, you add <br> in edit html to the natural end of your posts, so it displays correctly. I am not going to go back and do this for all ninety posts on this blog, but I thought I would make sure, my ten most popular pages were formatted correctly.

[EDIT]
 Check the comments for some advice on how to place this in the date/comment section


Add the following line

tweetmeme_source = 'tweetmeme';

Replacing tweetmeme with your twitter username, so the posts come up @yourusername when tweeted.

Out of interest, here is the countdown to my top ten posts - handy if you are after some hang over sunday reading.

10
Leeds Victoria Hunslet Mill
9
The Bhagavad Gita
8
Mazz in Leeds New Logo
7
Round House Leeds - Anyone Chuck any light on this ?
6
Shout out to my Fellow Brit FridayFlash'rs
5
A Bit of a Waffle on Twitter Followers Part II
4
The Grammar W'nker
3
A Bit of a Waffle on Flash Fiction
2.
A bit of a Waffle on Twitter Followers Part I
1.
How to Write the How to How to

1 comment:

  1. Chance,

    Terrifically helpful, thanks.

    Just been playing around with this... looks like if you place the script code down a bit, within the span class of the code for the housekeeping stuff at the bottom, you can force the button to be right next to the date, comments, links, etc., instead of up in the body of the posting.

    That removes the need for the br tag on each post.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails